🕒 Reading Time: 3 minutesThe purpose of this article is to introduce you to our new Storage product. I’ll walk you through the ordering process, how to connect to your new storage, managing users, and accessing your storage through the various available methods. This service has launched as an early access program, and participants will receive their first 5GB free during this period of time. So, without further ado, let’s get started with purchasing!
How to OrderWhen creating an order, fill out all information in the required fields. These include:
- Enter in a Friendly Name (what you want to reference it by), Username and Password. Your password must be at least 8 characters in length, with 1 capital letter and 1 number.
- Choose your amount of storage.
- Choose how you would like to access your storage. At the time of this writing, we offer access via an FTP client or WebDAV (with an ownCloud web service).
Manage UsersHere, we see that below the options to manage the storage space there is a new section to manage any and all users you may have for this service. If you’d like to add or edit any of these, you may do so through the following elements: The name for new users in the order.
- The password of each user, that can be changed at any time.
- The maximum amount of storage space that the user can manage if you would like to limit them.
- The access methods that the user may use to access his storage space.
- All the options to manage each user information.